We conclude a 2-part interview with runDisney Sports Host Rudy Novotny. In part 1, Rudy shared with us about his history in running, some of his tips for runners, the cool story of how he started doing race announcing and later started doing that for runDisney, some “behind the scenes” of what it’s like to announce the runDisney races, and more!
Now, in this episode, Rudy talks about…
- A couple bizarre reasons for race delays he’s experienced
- How they manage their energy on stage when there is a delay or a lot of starting waves
- What a race announcer or sports host does—what their purpose is
- What he loves most about the runDisney races
- Some of the runDisney runner costumes that stand out to him
- What he loves most about race announcing for non-runDisney races
- Special memories from finish lines
- Tips for first-time runners, runDisney and otherwise
- What he never gets asked that he wishes people would ask him
- How he feel about people not “bothering” him at events
- Getting mistaken for Jeff Galloway
- If he could have any job working for the Walt Disney Company, what it would be and why—he actually has two
- How Bill Rogers and runDisney helped him out personally a few years ago
- What inspires him
- His advice to you for following your dreams
- Shameless Plug Time
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.