Today, we continue with part 2 of a 3-part interview with legendary Disney Imagineer Terri Hardin, recorded in person in her studio. In part 1, Terri shared her first assignment in Imagineering (a Stories of the Magic exclusive), what Halloween was like at Walt Disney Imagineering, some advice for you—and me—if you want to work for Disney, becoming a Muppeteer, and more.
In this episode, Terri talks about…
- Some of the other things she’s done and is doing that she’s particularly proud of, including the Foster Farms Chickens
- The best place to learn forensic sculpting, and why she loved it so much
- Being open to learning and being encouraged—and to doing that for others
- What she’s done that she misses
- Being a very passionate, straightforward person—including talking about a few movies she hates
- Missing Marty Sklar and missing working with Tony Baxter
- Being kind to people who love Walt Disney World or Disneyland, when you prefer the other one
- The virtues of California, especially Southern California
- After many rejections, how she finally got hired by Disney
- A very special experience she had with her favorite singer
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.