“Stories of the Magic” Mission Statement: To be a positive and story-filled Disney podcast offering positive stories from Cast Members, Imagineers, artists, actors, and more–including guests–promoting a mutual love of Disney, celebrating and preserving the Disney magic, and inspiring people to live their dreams just as Walt Disney did.
“Stories of the Magic” Core Values:
- Positivity – Stories and interviews will be pro-Disney and pro-Disney fans. Put downs of any kind are not acceptable. If it isn’t nice, it shouldn’t be said or published.
- Magic – All actions should both promote Disney magic and also maintain the integrity of the Disney magic.
- Imagination & Dreams – All podcasts, interviews, and any other content will strive to encourage imagining what can be and following your dreams.
- Integrity – Stories of the Magic will strive to maintain the highest level of integrity in every aspect of the podcast.
- Respect – All people will be treated with respect. This includes respecting people’s dignity along with their privacy. This also applies to celebrities.
- Family Friendly – All publications of any kind should be family friendly and G-Rated.
- Excellence – All podcasts, interviews, and any other content will be as current, accurate, and high-quality as possible, with the goal of continuing to improve and refine in all areas to produce the best possible results.
I am a Disneyland regular and true Disney fan. I’ve been a Disneyland annual passholder for more than 15 years and attended Disneyland’s One More Disney Day event on February 29, 2012 for the entire 24 hours with no sleep or caffeine. I’ve ridden in the Disneyland Railroad’s Lilly Belle Parlor Car and in the tender seat four times each, and have had countless other special times and memories created in the Disney parks. I am a D23 charter member and was a quarter-finalist in the D23 Ultimate Disney Trivia Tournament in 2011 (the last person eliminated before the semi-finals–after a tie-breaker!).
Besides Disney, I’m also a huge fan of (and annual passholder at) SeaWorld San Diego, and I’ve had the privilege to swim with bottlenose dolphins twice & play with grey wolves (yes, real wolves). Most importantly. I married my wonderful wife, Faye, in November of 2000.
I believe that when it comes to the “Disney magic”, the physical places (like the theme parks) and other products produced by the company are valuable, but the key that makes it all possible is the people. The current and former Disney Cast Members, Imagineers, artists, actors, and everyone else who works hard because of their love for Disney and desire to create not just a product but a memory or meaningful experience need to be honored and celebrated.
Several years ago, my wife and I started bringing a second autograph book with us when we visit the Disney parks, for the Cast Members. Whenever we encounter one that goes out of their way, makes extra magic, or in any other way embodies the Disney spirit, we ask them to sign it. But I wanted to do even more.
That’s why I created “Stories of the Magic”. To give them a forum to tell their stories that may rarely or never be heard, and to reach out beyond only the Cast Members. This podcast will showcase them (to the extent that I am permitted to), and give guests & fans an opportunity to share their own stories of magic as well.
This isn’t a news podcast, a trip report or trip planning podcast, or a review & commentary podcast. It’s just for stories. Where those stories go may be fun, touching, surprising, and (of course) magical. But always they will be from or about the people of the Walt Disney company who have made it what it is and allow us to be fans of one of the greatest companies in the world.