In this episode, we return to one of my most popular guests, Amanda Henderson, for a wonderful follow-up interview. In part 1, back on episode 110, Amanda talked about how she got started working at Disneyland and specifically as an Entertainment Host, Traditions Class, the best Cast Member “first day” story I’ve ever heard, her favorite moment of making magic for a guest and something a guest did to make magic for her, why Disneyland is such a special place to her, and more.
Now, in this episode, Amanda talks about…
- A brief refresher on how she got started working at Disneyland and what a Character Host does
- Her last day
- Getting engaged at Disneyland [here’s the link to the video], what happened to her engagement ring later in the day, and how Goofy helped her
- Being part of a training crew for Mickey’s Halloween Party, and working with some of the villains
- Social clubs—what they are and details about hers, the Main Attraction Social Club
- Her multiple favorite attractions
- Being DisneylandFitGirl on Instagram and what that’s all aboutA tip for you for meeting characters—it will bring a smile to your face to hear how she talks about this
- Shameless Plug Time!
- The Main Attraction Social Club (on Facebook)
- The Main Attraction Social Club (on Instagram)
- Disneyland Fit Girl (on Instagram)
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.