Podcast: Play in new window | Download
We have an early morning interview with the host of WDW Radio and the creator of several books, audio tours, Lou Mongello. This was going to be a 1-hour interview, but thanks to the seemingly inevitable Skype issues, we only had about half of that time. Of course, this just means I’ll have to have Lou back on! It was 6:00 in the morning for me when we started and everyone else in the house was asleep, so if I sound a little subdued, it’s because I was trying not to wake a sleeping 16-month-old. If you’re a parent, you know that’s the paramount rule of life!
In this episode, Lou talks about…
- What’s making him smile today
- How he became interested in Disney
- How his books & WDW Radio came to be—the condensed version
- His greatest fear as he transitioned from his “traditional” job to doing his Disney stuff full-time, and his “what if” moment
- The fear that you need to have as an entrepreneur
- How he’s built the WDW Radio community
- Talking to listeners as individuals
- Figuring out your “why”
- Creating initial connections and caring at scale
- Why he’s created the specific products he has
- When the term “WDW Radio” came to be and why he chose it
- A little about the Dream Team Project
- A shout out to the Be Our Guest Podcast and their recent 12-hour live show raising money for Give Kids the World
- If he could have any job working for the Walt Disney Company, what it would be and why
- His advice to you for following your dreams
- Shameless Plug Time
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
Details about the Listeners, Fans, & Friends cruise can be found in the show notes for episode 114, here.
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Subscribe on Googly Play Music.
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.