In this episode we begin our 3-part interview with Bill Rogers and Camille Dixon, the official voices of Disneyland and Disney California Adventure respectively. As with the last interview, this one was conducted in person, but at their home, not the Club 1901 Lounge. As you’ll hear, we had a great time talking, and I’m sure you’ll feel the same way listening! And before I go on, I have to thank Stacey J. Aswad for helping me to set this up.
Krista Joy and the Disney Parks Podcast are hosting a very special event coming soon. On Monday, February 9, 2015 you can have lunch with Mark Silverman, voice of the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, at the Carthay Circle restaurant on his birthday! This is an exclusive event, so to get more details, reserve your seat, order an autographed photo, and win a chance to have Mark record the voicemail greeting on YOUR cell phone, go to storiesofthemagic.com/mark15.
This weekend, January 16-18, I’ll be at Disneyland for the Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend races, so if you’re going to be around those days, send me an email, post on the podcast Facebook page, or call the Listener Feedback line and let me know. I’d love to meet you!
In this episode Bill & Camille talk about:
- How they got started in voiceover and announcing;
- Their extensive histories in radio;
- A fun story Bill learned at the Walt Disney Family Museum;
- What people learn by being Disney fans;
- How Bill became the Voice of Disneyland, including why Jack Wagner was his hero;
- How Camille became the Voice of DCA;
- Why doing the voices of the parks can be so much pressure, and at the same time so exciting;
- A wonderfully entertaining story about Bill and Art Linkletter;
- The names of their “characters” when they’re doing their in-park announces;
- What they love most about what they do;
- Taking their 2-1/2 year old granddaughter to Disneyland for the first time;
- Announcing special events
- A completely unplanned announce that was one of the most fun Bill has ever done;
- Doing volunteer announces for philanthropic organizations;
- Camille getting to do the announcing for the Lone Ranger movie premiere.
Find Bill & Camille:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.