Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Today we get a fantastic return visit from Stacey J. Aswad! You know her from Must Do Disney at Walt Disney World, VO Buzz Weekly, and more. The first time she was on, we ran out of time before we ran out of stuff to talk about, so she’s back and we had a lot of fun!
Before we get to her interview, I have an extra special announcement. Drum roll please…
Announcing the first ever Listeners, Readers, and Friends Cruise hosted by me!
I, through this podcast and through my book Faith and the Magic Kingdom have teamed up with the Skywalking Through Neverland podcast for this epic event!
We’ll be sailing on the Disney Wonder for a 5-night Baja Mexico cruise September 17-22, 2017 and you are invited! We’ll be able to dine together, do a port adventure together in one of the ports, and even do some fun hangouts like a live podcast recording or two, a “Faith and the Magic Kingdom” chat, and more–all optional, of course! Participate in as many or as few of the group activities as you want to. And the more people we have in our group, the more options we’ll have to do cool things!
Yes, I know September of 2017 sounds like a long time from now, but we need to start planning and preparing now because there’s a lot that goes into this. Also, as the ship fills it will get harder and harder to keep our group together and to get you the best possible price. Besides, you want to have enough time to save for it, right?
More details will come as we have them—including a couple other podcasts we’re working on partnering with and maybe even a special guest or two—but for now, your first step is to get more information from me! Go to storiesofthemagic.com/cruisequote and click on the orange “Get a Quote” button in the upper left to get a free, no obligation quote. You’re not committing to anything, just getting information with that request. In the Comments section mention “Stories of the Magic” so I know you want to be part of our group. Or if you prefer, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at (714) 697-6755.
We hope to see you on the Disney Wonder with us for a truly amazing adventure!
Now, in this episode, Stacey talks about…
- What’s making her smile today
- A summary of how she got started working with Disney
- Some of the updates she’s done for Must Do Disney in the last couple of years
- Whether she’s ever been interrupted while filming a segment, especially now that more people recognize her
- How she keeps her energy up for an overnight shoot
- Some things she hasn’t been able to do yet that she really wants to—one of these surprised me
- Visiting Disneyland for the first time
- The first time she remembers thinking, “I’m doing something really special.”
- How her show with Chuck Duran, VO Buzz Weekly, got started and why she feels so fortunate to be a part of it
- The thing that’s been the most unexpected to her about the show
- Many of the hats she wears, especially when it comes to VO Buzz Weekly
- Being an animal lover and advocate
- How you can get an autographed picture of her and help her support animal welfare and rescue
- If she could have any job working for the Walt Disney Company what it would be and why
- A quick aside mentioning the thematic tie between Rock ’n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith and the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (Adam Berger’s interview, part 1, from 36:00 – 37:25)
- What inspires her
- Her advice to you for following your dreams
- Shameless Plug Time – Including promoting my book, Faith and the Magic Kingdom (she made me promise to do it)
- VO Buzz Weekly Website
- VO Buzz Weekly Twitter
- VO Buzz Weekly Instagram
- VO Buzz Weekly Facebook
- VO Buzz Weekly YouTube
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Subscribe on Googly Play Music.
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.