In this episode we conclude our 3-part interview with Joe Cosgrove, author of Walt Dreamers Me, conducted in person in the Club 1901 Lounge at Disney California Adventure. Previously, we talked about what made Disney such a profound influence on his early life, and quite a bit about Walt Disney himself—his beginnings in animation, Disneyland, Candlelight Processional, and more.
The weekend of January 16-18 I’ll be at Disneyland for the Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend races, so if you’re going to be around those days, send me an email, post on the podcast Facebook page, or call the Listener Feedback line and let me know. I’d love to meet you!
In this episode Joe talks about:
- Why he decided to write his book, Walt Dreamers Me;
- How Disney affected his work at Fortune 500 companies like Harvey Aluminum;
- How he wrote his book;
- His role in transforming radio, and where he learned how to do it;
- The day he was invited to be “principal of the day”;
- The launch of automated banking and automated newspapers at Club 33;
- His advice to you for following your dreams;
- A preview of his next book, about Cast Members, including a couple great stories he’s been told;
- Shameless Plug Time.
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.