Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Today we’re going a little out of the ordinary, even for me, but for very good reason. If you’re looking for a story of Disney-love, of inspiration, and of hope, this is the interview for you. Kimberly Markey is one of my Disney running friends, but even if you’re not a runner you need to hear her story—of challenging herself with running, experiencing Disney like she never had before, battling and beating cancer while taking on some of the toughest race challenges I know about, and so much more!
I also have some listener shout outs to Liz, Jill, Sean, and Michelle!
In this episode, Kimberly talks about…
- What’s making her smile today
- How & when she became a runner
- Going from that first race to the 50 or so a year she does now
- When races become just a collection of medals rather than an achievement
- How her love of Disney began
- Running her first Disney race, especially running up Main Street U.S.A. and through Cinderella Castle
- Her first Goofy Challenge race weekend—the weekend it basically snowed at Walt Disney World
- The biggest challenge of multiple-day race weekends for her
- Her cancer diagnosis in 2013
- The many runs she did during her cancer treatments—you have to hear this to believe it!
- How running made all the difference during her cancer treatments
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
Details about the Listeners, Fans, & Friends cruise can be found in the show notes for episode 114, here. Or email email@example.com!
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Subscribe on Googly Play Music.
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.