Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode we continue our conversation with Kimberly Markey. In part 1, she shared with us about running, her love of Disney, runDisney events, her cancer diagnosis & battle, how all of those tie in to each other, and more!
In this episode, Kimberly talks about…
- Where she is in her cancer battle, and why she doesn’t like the term “cancer survivor”
- How many Disney races she’s done
- Her first run with her friend Perfectly Goofy Gail and how many they’ve done together
- Costumes and Disney races – how she started doing them & some of her favorites
- Tips for you if you want to start doing runDisney races, or start running in costume
- What she loves most about Disney
- If she could have any job working for The Walt Disney Company, what it would be and why
- What she loves most about what she does with Disney races
- What she never gets asked that she wishes people would ask her
- What inspires her
- Her advice to you for following your dream or overcoming significant obstacles
- Shameless Plug Time!
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
Details about the Listeners, Fans, & Friends cruise can be found in my segment of episode 134 of Skywalking Through Neverland. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Additional Photos of Kimberly & Costumes
Subscribe on Googly Play Music.
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.