In this episode, we conclude our 3-part interview with former Walt Disney World Cast Member, Jessica Clawson. In the first 2 parts, we talked about working at Toy Story Midway Mania and in the resorts as a Concierge, the transition to Magic Bands & My Disney Experience, teaching in the Youth Education Series, some love for Walt Disney, and some great guest stories.
If you followed along with any of my coverage of the 2015 D23 Expo, thank you! I’ll be bringing you a couple of episodes devoted to it soon, but in the meantime, I hope you enjoyed this, and I’m glad you came along with me! To see what I shared, head on over to the Stories of the Magic Facebook page and you can look through everything from the weekend that I posted.
In this episode, Jessica talks about…
- What she remembers most about her Traditions class, when she first started at Walt Disney World—it took all she could do not to burst into tears;
- When she remembers thinking, “I’m doing something really special”;
- Working the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights;
- What she loved most in her time at WDW;
- A few other favorite stories—this is what makes Cast Members special, and one of the main reasons I do this podcast;
- Why she had to leave Walt Disney World;
- How she brings Disney into her classroom as a teacher in a special needs class;
- If she could have any job working for the Walt Disney Company, what it would be and why;
- What she never gets asked that she wishes people would ask her;
- What inspires her—part of this answer may surprise you;
- Her advice to you for following your dreams;
- Shameless Plug Time.
- Any Adventure Goes Travel Website
- Facebook – Any Adventure Goes Travel
- Twitter – Any Adventure Goes Travel
- Twitter – Jessica
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.