Welcome to our coverage/recap of the D23 Expo 2015! Unlike many other shows, which focus on announcements, displays, reviewing the event, etc., these 2 episodes will focus, as Stories of the Magic always does, on the people. I can share my thoughts and recap the event the “usual” way, too, but I won’t do it unless you tell me you want to hear it.
Because I wasn’t officially there as “media/press” I didn’t have the same kind of access for interviews that I did in 2013. However, I still captured audio from the presentations I was able to attend, and had a bit of help with some friends for more.
In this episode, you’ll hear from the Expo…
- Disney Legends Ceremony
- Imagineer Kim Irvine talks about how she became an Imagineer and what was different for her (courtesy Mousetalgia Podcast – episode 358);
- Grammy-winning producer and Disney music historian Randy Thornton, talking about how he got his start, working with James Earl Jones and Corey Burton, and seeing/handling original sheet music and scores for Disney classics (courtesy of Skywalking Through Neverland – episode 90);
- 3 Clips from Once Upon a Time: An Evening with Snow White & the Evil Queen;
- Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White/Mary Margaret) is a massive Disney fan;
- What it’s like acting in some of their scenes now that they’ve had kids;
- A round of “Disney Favorites.”
Next time: More Legends, excerpts from the Silly Symphonies concert, hear from a Walt Disney Animation Studios animator, and interviews with Ashely Eckstein and Disney Imagineer Joey Caparaso.
Were you at the Expo? Do you have any thoughts you’d like to share? Let me hear from you!
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.