Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode we conclude our new 2-part interview with Laura Dickinson. In the last episode we talked more about her work on Sofia the First and Phineas & Ferb, performing in the theme parks, and started talking about her album, One for My Baby: To Frank Sinatra with Love. I really enjoyed it, and I hope you did, too. By the way, I’ve been playing that CD in my car since the last episode, and I have to tell you, I love it!
In this episode Laura talks about:
- Leaving songs out of the album, and how she was able to add two unexpected ones;
- Her favorite song on the album;
- The two songs that most showcase her vocally;
- What the release party on December 15 was like;
- Why she won’t be playing at the club where the release party was again;
- The East Coast launch she’s got coming up—the vinyl release party;
- A funny story about The Rainbow Connection;
- How you can get an autographed copy of her CD directly from her;
- Finally understanding the appeal of music released on vinyl;
- Teaching herself clarinet;
- Vybration going to schools and teaching them about a capella;
- Performing with Voasis;
- A bit more about Vybration, aka Groove 66, including an exclusive announcement and the best thing about shows they put together themselves;
- Doing an episode of The 7 D and Penn Zero: Part Time Hero, and a new Priceline commercial;
- What inspires her;
- Her advice to you for following your dreams;
- Shameless Plug Time.
- Voiceover Website
- One for My Baby: To Frank Sinatra with Love on Amazon
- One for My Baby: To Frank Sinatra with Love on iTunes
- Stories of the Magic 1st Interview – Part 1, Part 2
The Video She Mentioned:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.