In this episode we conclude our 3-part interview with former Disneyland Cast Member Holly Bartel. Last time we talked a lot about her work as a Disneyland Tour Guide, with holiday tours and VIP groups especially. This time, we wrap up with some great inspiration, encouragement, and of course, more fun stories!
Again, Skype acted up on us, so there are some glitches in the audio. I fixed what I could, and they don’t affect most of the interview, so I don’t think they’ll bother you too much. And if anyone has any suggestions on how to remedy this problem, I’d love to hear them!
As a reminder, I’m bringing back the Disneyana Show offer I made back in July. For a limited time, you can get an autographed copy of Faith and the Magic Kingdom for $17, of Once Upon YOUR Time, my first book, for $6, or of both for $20! For more details or to order, go to storiesofthemagic.com/christmas14.
In this episode Holly talks about:
- Some nice things we as Guests can do for Cast Members, and the highest compliment we can give;
- Good advice for leaving compliments at Guest Relations;
- Piloting a new Guest Relations position;
- Why she chose to leave working at Disneyland;
- Realizing she was doing something really special;
- What she loved most about what she did;
- What a Guest usually really means when they ask, “What time is the 3 o’clock parade?”;
- What she would want to do if she could have any job working for Disney and why;
- Some valuable tips for planning your visit to Disneyland;
- What she never (or rarely) gets asked;
- What inspires her;
- Her advice to you for following your dreams;
- The “Yes Program”;
- Shameless Plug Time.
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.