Want to know what it’s like to be a Disneyland Tour Guide or Guest Relations Cast member? Find out here!
I’ve got something very special to tell you about before we go back to the interview. My birthday was Wednesday, November 26. Today also kicks off the Christmas season in earnest. And this month marks the 1-year anniversary of the release of my book, Faith and the Magic Kingdom. So, as my gift to you, I’m bringing back the Disneyana Show offer I made back in July. For a limited time, you can get an autographed copy of that book for $17, of Once Upon YOUR Time, my first book, for $6, or of both for $20! For more details or to order, go to storiesofthemagic.com/christmas14.
In this episode Holly talks about:
- Her favorite area of Disney California Adventure, and whether she misses anything from the “old” DCA;
- Lost and Found and the Guest Relations front desk;
- The Holiday Time at Disneyland Park Tour and what made it fun, but difficult to learn;
- The Halloween Tour, and what’s unique about doing that one
- VIP tours;
- The most stressful part of being a Tour Guide, and what was fun about hosting famous people
- Some of her favorite VIP groups;
- Hosting Stana Katic and some of the crew from Castle;
- One of the nicest well-known people she remembers hosting: Lacey Chabert—this was a sweet story;
- Sharing with guests favorite hidden details;
- Becoming a Guest Relations Lead, one of the most stretching experiences of her life;
- A funny story about dealing with an irate Guest—I laughed out loud again while editing;
- A couple of examples of really special moments of extra magic—some she was involved with, some not.
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.