Skype acted up on us, so there are some glitches in the audio. I fixed what I could, and they don’t affect most of the interview, so I don’t think they’ll bother you too much.
In this episode Holly talks about:
- How she got started working at Disneyland;
- What the Disneyland College Program is;
- Learning and working Storybook Land Canal Boats;
- Cross-training to the Fantasyland Classics attractions;
- What got in her head the most working the dark rides—it’s probably not what you think;
- Her favorite attractions to work and why;
- Some interesting guest interactions she had;
- Participating in proposals on Storybook Land;
- A very special story I shared with Holly;
- Transferring to Guest Relations and why she wanted to;
- Working the Guest Relations phones, then the information boards;
- A couple of the comments she heard working the Disney California Adventure info board during the DCA reimagining;
- Guest Relations rotations;
- Special training that was introduced with the “new” DCA.
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.