Today, we begin a 2-part interview with Disney Publishing background painter Nic Gregory. I’ve had some interesting guests on this show before, and Nic is no exception. In fact, with his unique background and perspectives, he will be sharing things with you that I guarantee you’ve never heard before! And I can’t wait to bring this to you.
In this episode, Nic talks about…
- What a background painter does
- His favorite part of doing that
- How he ended up in that part of animation
- What his step in the overall process is, in general and then especially with Disney
- How he got into the animation industry
- The supportiveness of his wife, who was also a pro wrestler
- How he began working with Disney Publishing
- When his first books will come out
- Upcoming projects
- His favorite medium to work in
- The class he taught at the Walt Disney Family Museum last month
- The distinctiveness of Eyvind Earle’s style
- His artistic influences
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.