In this episode, we begin a 2-part interview with Krista Joy. Krista is a former Walt Disney World Cast Member, and a current blogger, podcaster, and lover of all things Disney, especially Walt Disney World. She is so genuinely excited and passionate about Disney that I know you’ll enjoy this.
In this episode, Krista talks about…
- How and why she started working at Walt Disney World;
- Her memories of her Traditions class;
- What she did at the Garden Grill;
- A funny story about her time as a hostess;
- Working the Disney Dining Line;
- How her experiences have worked together to enhance each successive one;
- Why she started DisneyWays.com;
- Whether working at Walt Disney World “ruins the magic”;
- Why she stopped working at the Garden Grill and the Disney Dining Line;
- The effect on her of meeting Lou Mongello from WDW Radio;
- Talking to Disney people that she never imagined she’d ever meet;
- How she felt about travel agents who called the Disney Dining Line;
- Hidden gem restaurants at Walt Disney World;
- When she felt like, “I’m really a part of this!;
- One of my stories about a character meal;
- Her suggestion for a special dessert location for a celebration.
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.