In this episode, we conclude our 2-part interview with Russell Flores, the author of Seen Unseen Disneyland. In part 1, we talked about where his love for Disneyland came from and how it’s been fostered and nurtured, where the idea for his book came from and more about the book itself, as well as the development of it, and more.
In this episode Russ talks about:
- More about the proofing process for the book;
- What it was like holding the bound copy of the book for the first time;
- The differences in some types of relationships with publishers;
- Proofing woes and second editions;
- The most surprising things he found while researching for the book;
- What’s currently got him stumped;
- A detail he knows exists, but he hasn’t been able to see yet;
- How he got the picture of the Haunted Mansion’s organist;
- Plans for his second book;
- What he hasn’t been asked that he wishes people would ask him;
- What motivated him to continue with the book once he got the idea for it;
- What inspires him;
- His advice to you for following your dreams;
- Shameless Plug Time.
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.