Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible.com – get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at StoriesoftheMagic.com/audible. There’s over 150,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player—including my book, Faith and the Magic Kingdom.
In this episode, we conclude our 2-part interview with creator of the Zannaland website and former Walt Disney World Cast Member Suzannah Mitchell. In the first part, we had a great conversation about her time as a Cast Member, why Disney means so much to her, her first visit to Disneyland, creating her Zannaland website, and becoming a member of the Disney Moms Panel. This time we’re going to pick up where we left off talking about the Moms Panel.
But first, speaking of audio and my book, Faith and the Magic Kingdom, I have a special gift for you as a listener to Stories of the Magic. In preparation for the release of the book, I created a 1-hour audio walking tour of Disneyland. Come with me as stroll around the park and I share some valuable reminders and insights to help you look at the park, and some parts of your life, with new eyes. Originally this was available only to people who bought the book during the Launch, but now I’m making it available to you as a free download for the month of April. No strings. Nothing to fill out or sign up for. Just go to storiesofthemagic.com/faithaudiotour. That’s a direct link to the file to download it.
In this episode, Suzannah talks about…
- The first event she was invited to as “Media”;
- How she got connected to other people in the Disney community;
- Whether she prefers writing or talking about things—including a mention of her Moms Panel video (and yes, I have a link to it);
- What it was like actually being on the Moms Panel;
- Being the Social Media and Office Manager for Mouse Fan Travel;
- If she could have any job working for the Walt Disney Company, what it would be and why;
- A couple of tips she has for guests to Walt Disney World;
- Whether some of the resources available to help guests understand and explore the details are good for a first-time guest, or better for repeat guests;
- Some tour suggestions;
- Her favorite things from early Epcot;
- Meeting Dreamfinder and Figment when she was a little girl, and as an adult meeting Ron Schneider and talking to him about those memories;
- What inspires her;
- Her advice to you for following your dreams, especially if they involve blogging or podcasting;
- Shameless Plug Time.
Find Suzannah Online:
Faith and the Magic Kingdom:
(Note: all product links are affiliate links.)
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY. If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want!
If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.