Today’s podcast is brought to you by audible.com – get a FREE audiobook download and 30 day free trial at StoriesoftheMagic.com/audible. There’s over 150,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player—including my book, Faith and the Magic Kingdom.
In this episode, we begin a 2-part interview with creator of the ZannaLand website and former Walt Disney World Cast Member Suzannah Mitchell. We had a great talk about her time as a Cast Member, creating and running ZannaLand, being on the Disney Moms Panel, what she really wanted to do for Disney, and more.
In this episode, Suzannah talks about…
- How she got started working for Disney and what she did;
- Being one of the first people to work at the Main Street Athletic Club;
- What it felt like to be in Disney’s Traditions class;
- Getting her name tag;
- Moving back up north and working at the Disney Store—and how different that was from working in the parks;
- Moving back to Florida and finally getting the job she’d wanted all along;
- Having to give that job up sooner than she’d have liked;
- Why Disney, especially the Disney parks, mean so much to her;
- The first time she remembers thinking, “I’m really part of this!”—it’s one of her most treasured memories;
- Her first visit to Disneyland;
- What she loved most about working for Disney;
- A couple of in-park stories;
- How Zannaland came to be;
- Becoming a member of the Disney Moms Panel.
Find Suzannah Online:
Faith and the Magic Kingdom:
(Note: all product links are affiliate links.)
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY. If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want!
If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.