In this episode, we conclude our 3-part interview with Lauren Delmont. In part 1 we talked about how she started working for Disney and about the Disney English program she’s working with in China. Then in part 2 we talked about the DVD she and her dad made, The Secret Tour of Disneyland. This time, we venture a bit into trip report territory as Lauren tells us about Hong Kong Disneyland, before we wrap up with our usual questions.
In this episode, Lauren talks about…
- An overall look at Hong Kong Disneyland;
- Some attractions they have there Lauren wishes we had at Disneyland;
- Why she has been there 8 times in the time she’s been in China;
- Differences in characters, and in the way guests there relate to characters;
- Differences in food—sadly, no Dole Whips;
- The big difference in the Jungle Cruise;
- A brief tangent about language;
- What a crowded day is like at Hong Kong Disneyland;
- Mystic Manor—it’s hard enough to describe, there’s no way I can summarize it here;
- If she could have any job working for the Walt Disney Company, what it would be and why;
- Want she never gets asked that she wishes she would;
- What inspires her, and how Disney has inspired her;
- Her advice to you for following your dreams;
- Shameless Plug Time (of course), including Disney English.
Find Lauren Online:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY. If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want!
If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.