Sponsored by Leaving Conformity Coaching.
In this episode, we continue my chat with Jennifer McGill. Last time, we talked about how she got started working for Disney, and being part of the New Mickey Mouse Club, what else she did for Disney, this time as a Walt Disney World Cast Member in the Voice of Liberty and Tarzan Rocks, and more, a couple of memorable in-park experiences from her days in the Mickey Mouse Club, including riding Tower of Terror with Christina Aguilera, what it was like being a student while working on the Mickey Mouse Club (you’ll be amazed at what she had to do her junior year in high school), and much more!
In this one, we backtrack a little bit so you can hear the end of last week’s section to keep the flow of stories. After this part of the interview, I’ll play another clip from This Little Light, performed by Jennifer, as I did last week.
Jennifer talks about:
- How she keeps a balance between work and play on her jobs;
- How she got connected with several of the jobs she’s had over the years;
- What she loved most about what she did, including her favorite role for Disney;
- What it was like to perform in the rotunda of the American Adventure building;
- Her “residual pixie dust” from being on the Mickey Mouse Club…even years later;
- How she tries to stay humble…and how she balances that with having confidence in yourself;
- Tarzan Rocks;
- Her performing career after Disney, including dinner theater, cover bands & party bands, cruise ships, The Holy Land Experience, and being the Praise & Worship Coordinator at her church—and what she learned from them;
- The new album she’s working on;
- The Disney job she would most love to have.
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want!
If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.