In this episode of Stories of the Magic, I’m delighted to bring to you my interview with Nate Parrish. Nate started as a guest, transitioned into being a Cast Member, and now is back to being a guest, but with a new level of appreciation and insight. Disney is so much a part of who he is that he not only visits, he podcasts.
I first heard Nate on the dearly-departed Betamouse podcast, and from that found one of my absolute favorite podcasts, WEDWay Radio, co-hosted by Nate and his brother Matt. WEDWay Radio is dedicated to covering the details and nuances of Disney Theme Parks, with attraction history and interesting stories about what made the theme parks what they are today.
Nate talks about:
- How he got started working for Disney;
- Working at Sci-Fi Dine-In in Disney MGM Studios (now Disney Hollywood Studios);
- His interest working for Disney while he was growing up;
- What he enjoyed most and a couple fun stories of meeting people while working at Walt Disney World;
- The Disney College Program;
- The moment it dawned on him that he was “living a dream”;
- A special memory with his infant son and Disney;
- How his wife got him interested in Disney history…and how that led to WEDWay Radio;
- Some favorite/memorable/featured episodes of WEDWay Radio;
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want!
If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.