In this episode of Stories of the Magic, we hear from Ron Schneider. Ron has had an extensive career in themed entertainment in his 40 years. In fact, he also has a new book out about those experiences and what he’s learned called, From Dreamer to Dreamfinder: A Life and Lessons Learned in 40 Years Behind a Nametag (affiliate link).
Ron talks us about:
- His connection with Disneyland from Day 1;
- How he got his dream jobs, especially his chance assist in the portrayal of Dreamfinder & Figment;
- Many other things he did in his “40 years behind the nametag”, including Universal Studios, Banff Lodge (in Canada), Titanic the Exhibition, and more;
- What his favorite job was (sort of);
- What was it like working with Wally Boag & how he first made Wally laugh;
- What unique experiences he had when he met Dave Smith and saw the Walt Disney Archives in the early days;
- How he would describe Dreamfinder;
- What Dreamfinder was to him, and what he most misses about Dreamfinder;
- What does Merida have to do with Dreamfinder?
Other links from this show:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want!
If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
This post is part of the Disney Blog Carnival. Head over there to see more great Disney-related posts and articles.”
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.