Podcast: Play in new window | Download
We get to return to a previous guest: Bill Farmer. I had more time with him on this one than I did for episode 44 a little over 2 years ago. Now celebrating 29 years as the official voice of Goofy, along with many other things, Bill and I had a lot to talk about! So much that we actually get a 2-parter out of this one!
Bill talks about…
- A couple of his early recording sessions as Goofy—the first was for DTV
- The first celebrity he worked with: Gary Owens
- Doing several of the Warner Brothers characters
- Not getting a call back for a character and then hearing someone else do it
- Some favorite Warner Brothers lines he’s delivered
- Recording cartoons as ensembles vs. individually
- The best training he ever had
- How he keeps kids from getting confused about him being the voice of Goofy
- The album Mickey Unrapped
- The difference between singing and speaking as a character
- Singing in A Goofy Movie, and then more about the movie
- When and how his son figured out he has kind of a weird job
- The 2015 D23 Expo’s A Goofy Movie panel
- The longevity of animated characters
- He’s a sci-fi fan
- Finishing out this part with a little more about the Expo panel
Podcasts Spotlighted in this Episode:
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
Some product links in this post are affiliate links.