Welcome to Episode 41 of Stories of the Magic! I’m Randy, your host. Thank you for joining me!
In this episode, we begin a 3-part interview with Brian Levine. If you’ve been to Disneyland…well, ever, you’ve seen, and probably ridden, at least one of the attractions he worked: The Disneyland Railroad and the Main Street Vehicles. These have always fascinated me, so I was very excited to talk to Brian!
In this episode Brian talks about…
- How he got started working at Disneyland (he had a really great attitude when applying);
- What the train conductor does;
- What he liked best about being a conductor;
- His favorite parts of the railroad route;
- Being the conductor in the Lilly Belle;
- Interesting Disneyland train history;
- Bringing the train out from the roundhouse and taking it back in;
- Some of what makes Main Street special;
- Working the motorized Main Street vehicle, including which one was his favorite;
- Something special he did on occasion for guests who wanted to view the parade;
- State Fair and Blast to the Past (if you’ve never heard of these, you’ve got to listen to this part!).
Find Brian’s Podcast (talked about in part 3):
Bring “Faith and the Magic Kingdom” to the World (Indiegogo Campaign) - Ends OCTOBER 22, 2013!
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY. If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want!
If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.