Sponsored by Leaving Conformity Coaching.
Welcome to Episode 34 of Stories of the Magic! I’m Randy, your host. Thank you for joining me!
Today, we get the second and final segment of my interview with Lee Cockerell, the former Executive Vice President of Operations for the Walt Disney World Resort. I hope you enjoyed part 1, and are looking forward to part 2.
- In this episode, Lee talks about:
- The biggest challenge he faced while working for Disney;
- The most valuable thing Disney does, at least in the Parks & Resorts;
- His book, Creating Magic…10 Common Sense Leadership Strategies from a Life at Disney, [affiliate link] and what makes it different from other leadership books;
- Why this book is for you whether you consider yourself a leader or not;
- His second book, which just came out in March, The Customer Rules…The 39 Essential Rules for Delivering Sensational Service [affiliate link];
- Why the first rule is what it is;
- What he loved most about what he did;
- The most satisfying job he can think of;
- How he deals with tough questions;
- What inspires him;
- His advice to you for following your dreams;
- His career goals—or lack thereof—through his working life;
- Where you can find him…and his books online.
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY. If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want!
If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.