Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Today, we return to our usual format with part 1 of our interview with former Disney Imagineer Brian Collins. Brian started at the Contemporary Resort at WDW working the Front Desk, but moved through several different roles until ultimately he became part of Walt Disney Imagineering. You’ll hear much more about him in the official intro in a couple of minutes.
Before moving on to giving you a preview of the interview, I’d like to take a minute to thank some recent reviewers. I actually got 10 new reviews since I last asked for them a couple of episodes ago. So, thank you Shellic2, soccermouse, RachelGuy72, Eagle615, GLUband, WDW_1971, OneLittleSparkPodcast, megan.amarice, DisneyJessica, and Disney Fan4life for your 5-star reviews!
Now, in this episode, Brian talks about…
- How he got started working for Disney and what he did first
- How he worked himself from there to Imagineering
- Some cool things he did working for Disney before he got to WDI
- How he started to network his way around the company while he was working the front desk at the Contemporary Resort
- The first time he remembers thinking, “I’m doing something really special.”
- How he actually became an Imagineer—it’s not unlike Wesley becoming the Dread Pirate Roberts
- What Imagineering’s headquarters are like and some of his favorite memories from being there
- How he applied what he learned in school to being an Imagineer, including some unexpected ways
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.