Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode, we conclude my interview with Margaret Kerry. Again, most Disney fans will know Margaret as the original live-action reference model for Tinker Bell, but there is so much more to her than that! In part 1 we talked about how she became Tink, some insight into who Tink really is, her memories of Walt Disney, and more.
Now, in this episode, Margaret talks about…
- Some of Marc Davis’s fine art work;
- Being the voice of one of the redheaded mermaids in Peter Pan;
- June Foray;
- Getting into voiceover work;
- A salute to Hal Smith—a pretty funny story;
- Finding her birth family 50 years after she was adopted;
- Tinker Bell is Irish!;
- Her favorite place in the world;
- Her second favorite dialect to do (behind Irish);
- A quick story about her being a literalist;
- Continental dialects;
- Her upcoming book, Tinker Bell Talks: Tales of a Pixie Dusted Life;
- A sneak preview at one of her stories from the book;
- If she could have any job working for the Walt Disney Company, what it would be and why;
- What she never gets asked that she wishes people would ask her;
- Faith, trust, and pixie dust;
- What inspires her;
- Her advice to you for following your dreams;
- The importance of joining Toastmasters;
- A rather non-traditional Shameless Plug Time.
I want to hear from you, so please email me, leave a comment below, or call the Listener Feedback line at (734) 23-STORY.
If you call in, don’t worry about having to sound perfect. If you ask me to, I’ll edit out any mistakes so you sound as good as you possibly can. You’re even welcome to start your entire story over again and I’ll use the “take” you want! If you want to submit a story anonymously, for whatever reason you may have, email it to me and tell you me you wanted it shared that way. I’ll read it on the podcast, but keep your name private.
Thanks for listening!
Music and voiceovers provided by Rick Moyer.
All product links are affiliate links.